Friday, March 11, 2011

First day of no treatments!!!

Well I didn't have any treatment today thank goodness!!! I went to the doctor to have them check my numbers! Platelets are 17 and everything else is low but ok! The PA would like my hemoglobin level to be a little higher so we will re check on Monday! It is strange to go from being a person who takes occasional tylenol to having to take so many drugs in one day! We are heading to Idaho Falls and I had to make sure I had all my pills packed just in case I have a sudden reaction. I have to be prepared for anything and I also need to try and remember to not over do it! That will be a struggle for me! The PA says any other person with my blood counts would be in bed, so I amaze her that I get so much done in the day! I guess it is a blessing to be as healthy as I am. I am thankful I can still function at a somewhat normal level!!!

2 comments:

  1. My dear Marcy~ I am just thankful for you. You are so amazing and I am blessed to have you as my friend!! Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a bunch of pills to worry about. They will probably be also taking note of your magnesium levels. I'm not sure why, but the ATG knocked out my magnesium levels and I found myself taking oodles of magnesium supplements on top of the cyclosporine and steroid. I'm so happy that you're through the ATG stage. Now, for the wait and see part. :-) Remember to not get down-hearted if you don't see immediate results. Aplastic anemia is the teaching disease of patience. Lovely, isn't it?!? Hehe! It will all work, though! I know it! That bone marrow doesn't know what just hit it! :-)

    ReplyDelete