Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 8

Sorry it has taken me awhile to post! It has been a rough week! So I went through all four days of chemo really well. The transplant happened on Monday the 29th. My amazing big brother donated bone marrow to me. The process of his donation was a full surgery. They put him completely out and then went into both of his hip bones and aspirated the bone marrow. Then they took the bone marrow and tested and cleaned it so I could receive it. I had extra people here that day to witness the big day with me. My mom, my hubbie, my wonderful sister Maja, and my super hero Phillip! They put the bone marrow in my central line. It is a lot like a blood transfusion. Then the next few days were really rough on me. I spent a lot of time being nauscious and throwing up! The doctors and nurses are great and helped manage the symptoms. Each day has a different challenge and each new medication brings on new side effects. Today the doctor came in and told us some good news. He says I am doing better than 99% of his patients. That is very encouraging news. I just keep praying that things continue to go smoothly. The process is extremely stressful not having my kids and hubbie around as much as I would like. I miss my friends and their kids too! I am very thankful to my mom and her putting her life on hold to be here with me everyday! It is huge sacrifice for her and she will never know just how much it means to me. I am also very thankful to all the people who made our benefit a success so that money is not a thing we have to stress about! So thank you very much to each and every person! Time is flying by and soon I will be out of the hospital and on my way to recovery!
Thank you all and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment