Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 27 post transplant

So it's been a few days since I have blogged. SORRY! A lot has happened first off I am out of the hospital. My counts are getting very close to a normal level! That is the most amazing part to me is I am transfusion free! I am staying in sandy UT with my mom and dad at my Uncle Ken's house. Thank you so much Ken for making it available to us! I have about another 60 days to spend in Utah before I can return home. Each day I am getting stronger and stronger. We are trying to keep me infection free and clear of GVHD (graft vs. host disease). So each day I rest plenty, make sure not to miss taking pills and I hook myself up to IV Magnesium for about five hours. Sounds like fun huh! Today I actually got out of the house and went to Walmart. It was a fun outing but very tiring. We got a small Christmas tree to put up here and a foam mattress for my very hard bed! I hope I sleep good tonight. I miss my family and home very much! I miss being mom and seeing my kids everyday. They are growing up way to fast. I am going to Christmas shop on the Internet starting tomorrow. That should give me something to do! My hair is still gone but we bought me a nice wig that looks natural. The side effects of the drugs are deal able. Not ideal but not the worst thing ever. Most days I am pain free but somedays like tonight my legs ache from the new bone marrow growing they tell me! I go to the doctor twice a week and I will try to blog after those appointments with an update. I go again Tuesday. I have been very blessed by so many people thoughts and prayers. My dear sister set it up so I have a card or present to open everyday and I am very great full to those that have participated in that. It is uplifting to know so many care, some I don't even know! Thanks Maja! For tonight that is all I have but I will try to do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment