Thursday, August 11, 2011

August 11th

I am sorry to leave everyone hanging. My first day of treatment was really rough but we went into the next three days with a plan and it worked. The days were long and I felt horrible but no major reactions. Since treatment I feel like things have been running in fast forward. I can't believe it has been a whole month since treatment week! I have had very few reactions to the medicine that I am still on. I am so thankful that this time around has been easier. I had a small amount of serum sickness. That is when you have extreme joint pain, horrible rashes, and fevers. I think I had two or three really bad days! Last time I was a lot worse with the serum sickness in fact it landed me in the ER. I haven't had to visit the ER at all this time around I am very blessed! I have only had two platelet transfusions and one blood transfusion. I go back to the doctor in the morning and if things are stable or better they will take my PICC line out!!! I am really praying that it happens. I really want to swim with my kids more before school is out. I know that I have my challenges and some days just getting out of bed is hard. But, I also know people who are dealing with worse than me so I am trying to stay positive and be thankful things are not worse. I have still been able to do things with my kids this summer and enjoy time together as a family! I am thankful for a wonderful husband and an amazing mom who have been here with me everyday to get me thru!

No comments:

Post a Comment